PERMANENT MAKEUP AUSTIN PRE-APPOINTMENT PROTOCOL:
Permanent Makeup Austin pre-appointment prep is important! Your appointment will be rescheduled and you will lose your deposit for failure to follow the pre-appointment preparation protocol.
- No alcohol, Limit caffeine!
- No fish oil, anticoagulants or blood thinning drugs/supplements/vitamins 4 days prior to your appointment. This includes (but is not limited to): warfarin (Coumadin), aspirin, and clopidogrel bisulfate (Plavix), ibuprofen/Advil, rivaroxaban (Xarelto), dabigatran (Pradaxa), apixaban (Eliquis), heparin, etc.
- Arnica is a great supplement to take prior to the procedure to reduce any swelling. We sell it but you can also buy it at any drugstore or on Amazon.
- If you’ve been on the prescription drug Accutane (or similar, please do your research!) in the past, you must wait 1 year after stopping the drug before getting this procedure.
- Discontinue the use of any Retin-A, AHA, or skin lightening products for 7 days prior to your appointment.
- Avoid sun and tanning bed exposure 30 days prior and after your procedure. When your skin heals and sluffs off after a sunburn, your pigment will be lost with it. If you come to your appointment with a fresh tan or sunburn, you will be forced to forfeit your appointment and your deposit.
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR PERMANENT MAKEUP AUSTIN
- If you are pregnant, or plan on getting pregnant in the near future (we can perform this service if you are nursing)
- If you are unable or do not intend to come back for your followup session and any additional touchups necessary
- If you have any condition that compromises your immune system, and are not able to take antibiotics in the event of an infection
- If your skin is highly compromised (i.e. very thin/fragile & irritated, recently sunburned, or displaying symptoms of some kind of reaction/irritation/outbreak/herpes flareup)
- If you are unable to or do not intend to read/follow the Pre/Post Procedures & Care
- If you are under 18 years of age
WHEN SHOULD I SCHEDULE MY PERMANENT MAKEUP FOLLOW UP?
Follow-up should be scheduled within 5-7 weeks of treatment. We recommend logging onto our website a month after scheduling your initial session in order to successfully schedule your followup appointment within the 5-7 week window. Appointments that occur after 7 weeks will be subjected to a fee. We do not guarantee availability. It’s up to you to make sure you’re scheduling your follow up and additional touchups ahead of time as instructed.
IS THE PERMANENT MAKEUP FOLLOW UP INCLUDED?
The follow up visit is included in the price, but please be aware that it is not guaranteed. It must be scheduled ahead of time to ensure that your appointment is within the 5-7 week window following your initial session. If you wait too long to schedule your follow up you may have to pay a fee after the 5-7 week window.
DO I NEED TO STOCK UP ON ANYTHING FOR AFTERCARE?
No, we’ve got you covered! We will give you an aftercare bag that has all of the supplies and instructions you need for the permanent makeup healing process.
HOW LONG DOES THE COSMETIC TATTOO AUSTIN APPOINTMENT TAKE?
The appointment is about 2 and half hours. When you arrive, we immediately numb the area for 10 minutes and discuss any questions or concerns, as well as any preferences you have regarding the final outcome.
Then, we will draw an outline that will be our guide during the procedure to stay within – you will also have the opportunity to request any changes to the stencil to meet your preferences. The color we will use is intended to heal to match the color of any existing brow hair, and/or skin tone, lip tone.
The tattooing itself usually takes around an hour and half, but we recommend allowing for a full 3 hours to complete the procedure. Appointments can sometimes run longer if the artist deems it necessary, so we recommend not having any time-sensitive commitments immediately following your procedure.
CAN I WEAR MAKEUP TO MY PERMANENT MAKEUP APPOINTMENT?
Please do not wear any foundation, heavy eye makeup, or lipstick to your appointment. While we allow for brow makeup if there’s a specific shape you’re looking for, we do remove it prior to the procedure. Our technicians often gently rest their hands on various parts of the face while they work, so it’s inevitable the rest of your makeup will be smeared during the process. We want to ensure that your face is clean and bacteria free to minimize the risk of infection. Arriving to your appointment with a full face of makeup only increases that risk.
DOES PERMANENT MAKEUP HURT?
Everyone is different, with varying degrees of pain tolerance. It would be misleading to say that you won’t experience any pain. It’s a cosmetic tattoo, and we’re scratching ink into your skin. However, we will be using a topical local anesthetic before the procedure. After the first pass we add additional numbing agents that can then more easily absorb into your skin and take full effect. After this point you should feel nothing except for pressure (similar to the dentist). Is it worth the pain? ABSOLUTELY. If we can do it, you can do it.
DO WE CHOOSE POWDER BROW SHAPE TOGETHER?
YES! Our goal is to achieve the most natural looking shape for when you have no makeup on. But at the same time, a shape that you can easily add a little brow makeup to pump up the volume. We try to work with the direction and shape of any existing hairs as this keeps your brows looking natural and also makes for easier maintenance year-round.
CAN I BRING PHOTOS IN FOR REFERENCE?
YES! If you have a shape or color in mind, please bring in a few photos so we know that we’re on the same page. However, we want to give you the most flattering brows, lips, eyeliner for your face. So please keep in mind that the results may not match the photo.
WHAT COSMETIC TATTOO PIGMENTS DO YOU USE?
Kristi Gunn (Permanent Makeup Austin) only uses Amiea pigments. All Amiea colors: contain high-grade cosmetic and pharmacological ingredients, are produced with 100% purified water, and sterilized via gamma radiation process. There are no preservatives added, they are free from parabens and azo pigments, and there are no ingredients of human or animal origin. Made in Germany to the highest quality and hygiene standards.
WHEN CAN I WORK OUT AFTER PERMANENT MAKEUP?
Refrain from any physical activity that causes heavy sweating for the first week. That means no hot yoga, long showers, baths, steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs, or heavy cardio. Remove the Aquaphor immediately after working out and reapply a new thin layer.
WHEN CAN I WEAR MAEUP AFTER PERMANENT MAKEUP?
For the first 2 weeks no makeup on the treated area, but everywhere else is fine. Please use caution when applying other makeup, and refrain from getting it close to the treated area. Treat the area like an open wound. Would you put foundation right up to the edge of an open wound? No!
WHY CHOOSE SALINE TATTOO REMOVAL OVER A COVER UP?
If your old PMU is not in the correct place, and you wish to alter the shape of your brows or lips, removal is a great option so that any new PMU isn’t restricted by old incorrectly placed pigment. It also isn’t often that we’re able to completely hide pre-existing work.
If you have any questions or concerns during the healing process, please contact us for assistance.
My clients come from: AUSTIN | BEE CAVE | WESTLAKE | DRIPPING SPRINGS | ROUND ROCK | LAKEWAY | BUDA | KYLE | WIMBERLEY | BARTON CREEK | TARRYTOWN | HYDE PARK | PEMBERTON HEIGHTS