PERMANENT MAKEUP REMOVAL + CORRECTIONS
Removing permanent makeup is tricky. You cannot use a laser, as cosmetic pigments contain titanium dioxide and a laser will make the ink turn black. Kristin uses a special saline + hyaluronic acid organic serum to safely remove unwanted cosmetic pigments. Often times even after one session the permanent makeup is lightened enough to be fixed and re-tattooed with a newer advanced pigment that wont turn grey or red. Permanent makeup removal + corrections can take more than one treatment.
Kristin Gunn does specialize in corrective permanent makeup. However, often the best results can only be achieved if we’re able to significantly lighten the existing work. Thankfully our clients have a safe and effective alternative to laser tattoo removal that causes less trauma to the skin, while maintaining healthy, fully functioning hair follicles.
The Saline Tattoo Removal method keeps hair follicles intact, allowing your eyebrow hair to continue to grow, as well as maintaining healthy skin for us to tattoo in the future. This option is available to clients that understand that the best results can typically only be achieved with multiple sessions (4+), patience, and proper aftercare when healing between sessions.
A minimum of 8 weeks of healing is required between each session for optimal results. This method cannot remove pigment entirely, but it can lighten the existing PMU significantly for optimal PMU procedures in the future. Clients must submit photos of any preexisting work via email prior to scheduling. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Did your microbladed brows turn grey? Maybe your brows turned red after a few months? The quality of cosmetic tattoo pigments can vary, and not everyone uses the top brands as they are considerably more expensive. Kristin Gunn uses AMIEA pigments from Germany exclusively for all of her permanent makeup treatments. These colors are tried and true and stay true to their original color.
HOW DO I FIX BAD MICROBLADING OR PERMANENT MAKEUP
Good news. Your permanent makeup can be fixed. A good Permanent Makeup Artist can help remove tattoo ink if needed, and/or cover up your existing tattoo with corrective pigments.
This requires either a in-person consult, or an email with photos to decide what is best for you.
KEEP IN MIND WHEN REMOVING PERMANENT MAKEUP
• Since each situation is different, you will need a consultation prior to getting your treatment in order to get the most information about what your process will be like.
• PMU or tattoo removal doesn’t end after one treatment; it takes more than one procedure to remove everything you are not satisfied with (however, the first results are immediately visible).
• If only the epidermis is affected, there are usually no traces or scars because the base layer cells of the epidermis are able to regenerate completely. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us for assistance.
AFTERCARE FOR SALINE TATTOO REMOVAL
- Let them breathe! Do not cover the treated area with any kind of occlusive barrier (like cellophane), makeup, or any kind of ointment/cream.
- Blot the treated area with a saline-dampened paper towel three times a day until scabs start to form.
- Do not ice the treated area!
- Avoid getting soaps, shampoos/conditioners or other cleansers on the treated area.
- DO NOT wash the treated area as long as you have any scabs, flakiness, or dead skin that’s visible or still coming off. When showering, lather your hair slowly, then cup your hands over your forehead to prevent water from spraying onto your face. Do not put your face into the shower stream. Do not wash your face in the shower. Wash your face in front of a mirror to be sure you are avoiding the treatment area completely.
- Do not pick, scratch, or rub any skin flakes or scabs. Allow them to fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring as well as decreasing the efficacy of the procedure.
- Once all the scabs have fallen off naturally (roughly 7-10 days), apply the Vitamin E Oil 3-4 times a day for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- Avoid any activities or exercising that causes heavy sweating until all the scabs have fallen off. So no hot yoga, hot tubs, long showers, baths, steam rooms, saunas, or heavy cardio.
My clients come from: AUSTIN | BEE CAVE | WESTLAKE | DRIPPING SPRINGS | ROUND ROCK | LAKEWAY | BUDA | KYLE | WIMBERLEY | BARTON CREEK | TARRYTOWN | HYDE PARK | PEMBERTON HEIGHTS